Oil and natural gas exploration and extraction is a complex business with high risks.
Whether your company has overall responsibility for well operation or whether you provide contractors to support the operation, one of your top priorities must be to minimize your financial risks.
LJ Stein has proactively worked to become the leading oil and natural gas specialty insurance broker and to better serve our clients, we have chosen depth of industry knowledge and expertise over breadth.
Who We Serve
LJ Stein provides customized energy insurance solutions to companies specializing in:
Exploration & Production
LJ Stein’s team of professionals provide a full range of services to companies in the upstream energy sector no matter where in the world the operations may be located. From exploration, development and construction, to production, including midstream operations.
We specialize in risk assessment, risk quantification, risk management and insurance strategy and placement for:
- Construction of on and offshore upstream facilities, gathering systems and midstream operations
- Financial risks such as business interruption & contingent business interruption. Loss of production, advance loss of profits, delay in start-up.
- Mechanical & electrical breakdown
- Physical loss or damage in respect of all upstream assets,
- Pipeline construction
- Political Risk, Political Violence, Kidnap and Ransom, and Terrorism
- Third party liability arising from the exploration, development and production cycle, such as Employers’ Third party liability arising from the exploration, development and production cycle, such as Employers
- Blowout Insurance, Seepage and Pollution, Redrilling, Remediation, Underground Blowout, Damage to Equipment
Drilling & Completion
As Exploration and Production Companies pursue large targets in new area they face an uncertain legal climate. Drilling and Completion contractors face strong pressure to accept unprecedented indemnity language to attract work.
LJ Stein can help you work with your Exploration and Production partners to efficiently transfer risk while avoiding pitfalls that can present catastrophic risk to your company.
Infrastructure & Transportation
Whether your business involves bringing sand and/or water to location or separating and transporting gas for delivery to interstate pipelines we can help guide you through complex supply chain risk management decisions, anticipate changes in the regulatory environment that may affect risk and help you build a war chest to defend against litigation that may takes decade to develop.
- Site Construction
- Sand and/or Water Transportation
- Rig and Equipment Moving
- Pipeline Construction
- Gas Compression and/or Processing
- Fractional Distillation